Athletics Philosophy of The University of
At The University of Findlay, student-athletes
will be provided with the opportunity and encouraged to progress
towards a degree of their choice, in an environment consistent with
high standards of academic scholarship, sportsmanship, leadership
and institutional loyalty. Participants in intercollegiate
athletics at The University of Findlay must be enrolled in at least
a minimum full-time program of studies, be in good academic
standing and maintain satisfactory progress toward a baccalaureate
or masters degree with the expectation of graduation.
It is recognized that The University of Findlay
1. Is an important part of a well-rounded university dedicated
to the service of a broad range of student, faculty, and public
2. Fosters pride in the university among faculty, students and
citizens of Ohio.
3. Can and should develop character, maturity and a sense of
fair play in its student-athletes.
4. Is committed to equitable opportunities for all
student-athletes and staff, including women and minorities.
The University of Findlay intercollegiate program seeks
1. Have the university represented by men and women whose
conduct reflects credit upon the institution and themselves who are
making normal progress in degree programs with appropriate academic
counseling, advisement and support;
2. Field disciplined, and competitive amateur student-athletes
whose teams are recruited and coached by skilled people who are
dedicated to the spirit and intent of all NCAA and conference rules
3. Provide quality medical support for all
4. Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship and high ethical
conduct for all student-athletes, coaches and staff.