Oilers Win 3rd Straight, 7-2 over Lake Erie
The University of Findlay men's tennis team came away with a 7-2 win over Lake Erie College on Sunday, April 7 at the Armstrong Sports Complex.
The victory, which was the Oilers third in a row, gives the squad a 6-10 record on the season with a 3-6 mark in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC).
The Oilers won five out of the six singles matches and then claimed two doubles titles.
Kidd and Dawid Hebda were victorious in doubles competition while Djordje Jjubinkovic and Mohring also claimed a doubles win.
1. Liam Goldberg (LECM) def. Djordje Ljubinkovic (UF) 6-4, 6-1
2. John Kidd (UF) def. Juan Roggia (LECM) 6-2, retired
3. Yannick Mohring (UF) def. Cory Meek (LECM) 6-2, 6-2
4. Connor Majdalani (UF) def. Kyle O'Dell (LECM) 6-3, 6-0
5. Matt Smith (UF) def. Luke Hobbs (LECM) 6-4, 6-0
6. Reid Wynkoop (UF) def. Dimitrije Spasic (LECM) 6-1, 6-0
1. John Kidd/Dawid Hebda (UF) def. Liam Goldberg/Cory Meek (LECM) 8-5
2. Djordje Ljubinkovic/Yannick Mohring (UF) def. Juan Roggia/Luke Hobbs (LECM) 8-2
3. Kyle O'Dell/Dimitrije Spasic (LECM) def. Alex Hawes/Chris Miller (UF) 9-8
The Oilers will return to the court again on Saturday, April 13 when they host Lake Superior State University at 2 p.m.