The University of Findlay men's tennis team captured their first Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) victory of the season with an 8-1 win over Michigan Technological University on March 24 at the Findlay YMCA East.
The Oilers, who swept all the singles matches in the event, evened their record at 7-7 on the season with the win. They also improved to 1-2 in the conference in the process.
Findlay will be back at home tomorrow when they host Lake Superior State University at 10 a.m. The match will also be played at Findlay's YMCA East branch.
1. Oriol Ferrer (UFM) def. Mario Neto (MTM) 6-2, 6-2
2. Carlos Blanco (UFM) def. Juan Felipe Chica (MTM) 6-1, 6-2
3. Nicholas Kopylec (UFM) def. Ricardo Paes (MTM) 6-0, 6-0
4. Trevor Majdalani (UFM) def. Illiya Chibirev (MTM) 6-2, 7-5
5. Ivaylo Slavov (UFM) def. Tayler Bethke (MTM) 6-4, 6-4
6. Sherwin Miranda (UFM) def. Jacob Prochnow (MTM) 6-3, 6-1