The University of Findlay women's tennis team dropped their second straight match as they fell 6-3 on Sunday, Oct. 6 to Lake Superior State University in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
The loss gives the Oilers a 2-7 record on the season.
The defeat also dropped the Oilers Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) record to 2-7 on the year.
Two of the Oilers victories came by way of forfeit. The other was secured by Viktoriya Shkola, who claimed a 3-6, 6-1, 6-4 win over Kaitlynn Hutchinson of the Lakers.
The Oilers will be back out on the court tomorrow when they face Saginaw Valley State University.
The GLIAC match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m. in University Center, Mich.
1. Sarah Awe (LS) def. Tijana Raicevic (UF), 6-1, 6-4
2. Erin Anderson-Scott (LS) def. Nina Djordjevic (UF), 7-5, 3-6, 6-2
3. Tess Marton (LS) def. Matina Matic (UF), 6-0, 7-6
4. Viktoriya Shkola (UF) def. Kaitlynn Hutchinson (LS), 3-6, 6-1, 6-4
5. Holly Daniel (LS) def. Lauren Jonathan (UF), 6-1, 6-1
6. Abigail Herrera (UF) won by forfeit
1. Erin Anderson-Scott/Sarah Awe (LS) def. Tijana Raicevic/Nina Djordjevic (UF), 8-4
2. Holly Daniel/Kaitlynn Hutchinson (LS) def. Matina Matic/Viktoriya Shkola (UF), 8-5
3. Lauren Jonathan/Anna Foreman (UF) won by forfeit