Senior Hannah Tong was tabbed as a recipient of the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) Fall Commissioner's Award for her work on the volleyball court and in the classroom. The award, sponsored by Meijer, Incorporated, are presented after the fall, winter and spring athletic seasons to six female and six male student-athletes that excel both in the classroom and on the fields of play.
Tong is carrying a 3.63 grade point average as she studies to become an intervention specialist. She has been named to the GLIAC all-excellence squad three times for her work in the classroom and was tabbed a Capital One Academic All-District 4 pick in 2016.
On the court, Tong was a first team NCAA Division II All-American for the Oilers during her senior season. She was named the D2CCA Midwest Region Player of the Year and also earned GLIAC Attacker of the Year accolades. She also earned first team all-region honors from the AVCA and D2CCA during her final year with the Oilers.
During her senior season, Tong finished second in the GLIAC with a total of 480 kills. She also ranked second in the league with 4.14 kills per set. Tong's .294 hitting percentage was the seventh-best total in the conference and she also added 72 total blocks.
- 3x AVCA All-American (2014, 2015, 2016)
- D2CCA All-American (2016)
- 3x AVCA All-Midwest Region (2014, 2015, 2016)
- D2CCA Midwest Region Player of the Year (2016)
- 3x D2CCA All-Midwest Region (2014, 2015, 2016)
- 2x GLIAC Attacker of the Year (2014, 2016)
- 3x First Team All-GLIAC (2014-2016)
- 4th all-time at Findlay with 3.70 kills per set
- 5th all-time at Findlay with 1,563 kills
Led Oilers to three straight GLIAC South Titles